Friday, 6 March 2015

5th March - Thursday: Finalising Research for Locations

Understand

I went back to Botanic Gardens and booked a special tour at Te Papa.

I had to finalise my research for my the locations last Thursday in order to progress with my illustrations. As suggested to me in class, I actually have to look for the Sensation Trail at Botanic Garden. I was able to locate this and collected more relative patterns and images for my project.




I was also able to booked special tour at Te Papa that afternoon. Te Papa was on the earlier list of location but took it out later. It took a while before I manage to book a tour. But being able to collect more facts from this location, I decided to include this for the final destination matrix.

Bruce, a staff member at Te Papa, was my tour guide and has work several years on being a host to the visually impaired tour. The tour went for an hour but they normally run for 90 minutes for the blind. This includes time allowance and fees are just the same as a regular tour. Bruce demonstrated how he conducts a tour, techniques, alternatives and details how can a visually impaired guest can still experience a regular tour.

By being to able to experience the tour my self gave a lot of an idea how things and places can still be presented to a person with no sight. I am hoping that I will be able to finally progress with the project.





No comments:

Post a Comment